May 10, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to the class blog for SOC/WMS 395: Love, Sex, and Heartbreak! I am delighted that you have joined us for this class. We will use this blog to accomplish three tasks this summer: First, this blog is a site where we can get to know each other and to create a sense of community among ourselves. Second, this blog is a place where I, as your instructor, can post late-breaking sociological news about the topics we will be studying this summer. In my posts, I will model how to use sociological tools of analysis. Third, the blog will be the place where you can contribute to our sociological conversations about love, sex, and heartbreak. You are required to write a certain number of original posts for the blog (see syllabus for details). But I am hoping that beyond meeting the minimum requirements, you will read and carefully consider what your classmates and I write on this blog and that you will make sociologically informed comments that further our conversations. I hope you enjoy reading and contributing to our blog!

Thanks to http://www.chihuahua-pictures.com/images/puppylove2.jpg for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment